Klogging is a pure-Kotlin logging library that aims to be flexible and easy to use. It uses Kotlin idioms for creating loggers and sending log events. It takes advantage of coroutines in environments that use them, for example the Ktor asynchronous service framework.
The goals of Klogging are to:
- Provide a familiar logging experience for Java and C# developers.
- Create structured log events by default.
- Use message templates for simple logging of both text and data.
- Use Kotlin coroutines for carrying scope context information to include in log events and for asynchronous dispatching of events.
- Finest possible resolution of timestamps, down to nanosecond if available.
- (Future) Pure Kotlin multiplatform. Current development focuses on the JVM.